The European Space Agency is organising a Scientific Conference on the topical theme atmosphere to provide scientists and data users with the opportunity to present first-hand and up-to-date results from their ongoing research activities on the atmospheric payload of the satellites ERS-2 and ENVISAT as well as ESA Third Party Missions on board the EOS-AURA, ACE, Odin and GOSAT satellites. The conference will also include discussions on applications, data quality, the development of new algorithms/data products, and studies on future atmospheric missions.
The Conference will be held in Barcelona, Spain, 7-11 September 2009.
The conference is open to ESA Principal Investigators, ESA atmospheric Third Party Missions data users, scientists, and students working in the field of remote sensing of the atmosphere and to representatives from national, European and international space agencies and Value Adding Industry.
The Conference is meant to:
- Provide a forum for ESA Principal Investigators to present results of AO and Cat1 projects
- Provide a forum for knowledge exchange of scientists using atmospheric satellite measurements
- Inform data users about instrument performance, data processing and product quality
- Discuss various aspects of the data ordering process, data analysis and interpretation
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of different atmospheric instruments
- Demonstrate the synergistic use of atmospheric and optical instruments (e.g. AATSR/SCIAMACHY)
- Formulate recommendations for algorithm development
The conference will be organised around oral and poster presentations, invited talks from key experts, and practicals on data handling software tools.
- Data Quality
- Troposphere/Air Quality
- Greenhouse Gases
- Upper Atmosphere
- Applications/Data Assimilation
- Future Mission Studies